Welcome

To view more galleries and to contact Natalie Galasso Designs, please visit us on our website

Kim and Steve

Kim's mom Sue first contacted me just about Thanksgiving time last year to inquire about my services and experiences. After some back and forth communication, they decided to proceed with securing me for the date. By May, plans are in full swing and ready to be finalized so they made a trip to me in Merced and we explored all her ideas and visions. We began where I typically always do, colors. She had chosen spiced wine for the girls dresses and guys ties with tan suits. Wanting lots of natural elements to reflect her venue, The Evergreen Lodge, we were limited to flower choices when roses aren't very appropriate for her style and she isn't a fan of the calla lily. Now we have the fun and perfect outdoorsy dahlia and scabiosa to utilize as our base. Then during our consultation, yellows and blues were thrown into the mix. I have to be the first to admit this was a first as far as an over all color scheme for me to work with and I did have a slight hesitation with how this would blend mostly being on the verge of fall in the mountains. Geeez was I pleasantly surprised!!! Once I received the flowers and began prepping them, I was already feeling the flow. All the rest fell into place. I can't wait to see her photographers pictures. I didn't get a chance to get any boutonniere/corsage pictures which were actually one of my favorite details of the day.

Kim's bouquet was designed with Scabiosa Pods, Billy Balls, Dahlias, Dark Scabiosa, Salidago, Delphinium, Thistle, Button Mums, Green and Maroon Mini Cymbidium Orchids. Finished in a burlap with a wine satin knot.

This was the ring bearer's box of flowers. One of my favorite things to design for a wedding!
She had 8 bridesmaids. Kim gave me creative design to make all bouquets reflect each other but each be a little different. It is such an amazing feeling when you are given the power to show off my art.



She utilized the Evergreens arch they provide and we threw in some fall Liquid Amber leaves and some curly willow and I was blown away by the warmth of the colors! The blue was such a nice accent.
Chair Flowers were made with thistle, scabiosa, salidago, and pods.
Cool DIY projext, they collected and provided their own Sugar Pine Cones to line the isle with.



The green spider mum on each place setting look amazing on the brown linens with the other colors popping in the centerpieces.
Another DIY project...they made table names from vintage National Park postcards, double sided and attached them to a little cut of wood.
There were two style centerpieces. Both had a cut of wood as a base with pine cones, river rocks, reindeer moss, and votives around the base. One style, like below was with three different vases/jars, each with a solid flower in it. The other centerpiece was a tall cylinder with river pebbles in the base with a submerged mokara orchid stem and a floating candle.
DIY, Double up on the vintage post cards and then they lined each guest place card/rock in front of the table they were assigned to.






0 comments:

Post a Comment